Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
- Demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ.
- Focus on shelter.
- Advocate for affordable housing.
- Promote dignity and hope.
- Support sustainable and transformative development.
Habitat for Humanity and its affiliate organizations will not proselytize. Nor will Habitat work with entities or individuals who insist on proselytizing as part of their work with Habitat. This means that Habitat will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must adhere to or convert to a particular faith or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.
- September 1995 - Incorporated with the State of Arkansas
- April 1996 - Recieved charter from Habitat for Humanity International
- October 2001 - Millard and Linda Fuller, Founders of Habitat for Humanity International, visited Hot Springs to participate in the dedication celebration of the 15-home development, Horizon Habitat Village and Hollywood Park.
- October 2004 - GCHFH was awarded Affiliate of the Year of the Middle States Region and hosted the Middle States Regional Conference. The completion of Patriot Village, a 22-home development, was celebrated in conjunction with the event.
- September 2012 - 100th house was dedicated in honor of John Selig for his long support and volunteer work with Habitat.
- To date, 142 homes have been dedicated in Garland County.